The Spanish-Portuguese Relativity Meeting (EREP) is the main meeting of researchers working on gravity and relativity in Portugal and Spain. It is backed by the Sociedad Española de Gravitación y Relatividad (SEGRE) and by the Sociedade Portuguesa de Relatividade e Gravitação (SPRG).
The 2018 edition is organized by the Institute of Theoretical Physics (IFT-UAM/CSIC) and will take place in Palencia (Spain), the days 4, 5, 6 and 7 of September 2018. A small city with a long history which was home to the first University in the Iberian Peninsula (1212), where everything is within walking distance and where there will be plenty of places and time to interact.
We are planning an attractive scientific meeting with an attractive social and outreach program for all participants.
You can register and submit your abstract by clicking the button in the top right. Registration and abstract submission will be open from May 15th to August 15th. Thanks to the generous contribution of the IFT's Severo Ochoa grant, and to the funds provided by the Network of Relativity and Gravitation (RedTRG) the registration fees will be quite modest:
- PhD students: 75€
- Members of the IFT, SEGRE or SPGR: 130€
- Other participants: 175€
(*) Cancellation policy: in cancellations demanded before August the 1st, a 15% of the registration fee will be retained. Afterwards, 50€ will be retained.
Furthermore, the SEGRE offers some limited financial support you can apply for by sending a message to the organizers (Tomas.Ortin [AT] csic.es)
The workshop and this webpage are both under construction. Keep an eye on it for further developments.
- Enrique Álvarez (U. Autónoma de Madrid/IFT-UAM/CSIC)
- Eric Bergshoeff (U. Groningen)
- J. Antonio Font (U. Valencia)
- Mercedes Martin-Benito (U. Complutense de Madrid)
- M. Ángeles Pérez García (U. Salamanca)
- Harvey Reall (Cambridge U.)
- Ted Jacobson (U. Maryland)
- Sheila Rowan (U. Glasgow)
- Nicolas Yunes (U. Montana)
Scientific Advisory Committee:
- Nathalie Deruelle (IHES, Bures-sur-Yvette, France)
- Ruth Durrer (U. of Geneva, Switzerland)
- Roberto Emparan (ICREA and U. Barcelona)
- Valeria Ferrari (INFN, Roma, Italy)
- Jorge Pullin (Louisiana State U., USA)
- José M.M. Senovilla (U. of the Basque Country, Spain)
- Alicia Sintes (U. de les Illes Ballears, Spain)
- Licia Verde (ICC, Spain)
- Pablo Cano (IFT-UAM/CSIC)
- Samuele Chimento (IFT-UAM/CSIC)
- Patrick Meessen (U. Oviedo)
- Tomás Ortín (IFT-UAM/CSIC) Contact: Tomas.Ortin [AT] csic.es
- Alejandro Ruipérez (IFT-UAM/CSIC)